Resources for Networking Researchers
Following is a list of websites that may be helpful to our members. These include suggestions on successful networking, paper-writing, proposal-writing, and general career advise. If you have a link that would provide helpful information for our members, please email N2Women-Info@acm.org.
Here is a collection of articles based on studies and opinion pieces on the challenges faced by women. While we do not endorse any article, we hope they offer interesting perspectives.
- Why are there still so few women in science? and some comments
- Quora thread on ways women are discriminated against that men are often unaware of
- See also Banaji’s work on implicit bias – http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~banaji/bio.html
- Why women still can’t have it all and some commentary
- Pioneering women in STEM – Names you should know, in celebration of Women’s History Month (March/2015)
- Graduate Student Information Guide from CRA-W
- Graduate Study: A Survival Manual
- PhD in CS: A Survival Guide
- 10 things I wish my advisor had told me (Jim Kurose)
- GoGrad: some facts and tips related to Women and Master’s degrees