N2Women 2020 Event Calendar
ACM SigComm 2020
We are happy to invite you to an interactive panel discussion with distinguished panelists from academia and industry who will share their knowledge and valuable experiences of their research career with us.
* Topic – How to Build the Culture of Diversity and Inclusion in Research and Industry
* Panelists –
- Radhika Niranjan Mysore, Senior Researcher, VMware
- Sonia Fahmy, Professor, Purdue University
- Heather Zheng, Neubauer Professor, University of ChicagoAruna Balasubramanian, Assistant Professor, Stony Brook University
* Date: Monday, August 10, 2020
* Time: 12:00 pm to 12:45 pm EDT
* Panel Co-ordinator: Ferheen Ayaz, University of Sussex, UK
* Chairs: Chunyi Peng, Purdue University and Ying Zhang, Facebook
Please do attend!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PS: N^2 Women is supported by ACM SIGMOBILE, ACM SIGCOMM, IEEE Communications Society, IEEE Computer Society (CS) Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC), NSF Division of Computer and Network Systems, CRA-W, Facebook, Microsoft Research, HP Labs, and Google Research.
* Topic – Defeating the Transition Barriers – How to transition from Ph.D to a Tenure-track/ Industry position? How to further advance the academic/industry career?
* Panelists –
1. Saswati Sarkar, Professor, University of Pennsylvania
* Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2020
* Time: 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm (EDT)
* Organized by: Keerthi Dasala, Ph.D. student, Rice University, USA
* Faculty Mentor: Prof. Rong Zheng, McMaster University,
For more information, please contact email@example.com
ACM MMSys 2020
We are pleased to announce that N2Women event will take place at MMSys conference this year.
Please join us at the interactive panel discussion with distinguished panelists from academia and industry who will share their knowledge and valuable experiences of their research career with us.
* Topic: “Networking Women: Experiences and Connections”
* Session description:
“Young researchers always find it difficult to get out of the research mood and separate between work and life needs.
This event aims to help young researchers to maintain a healthy work/life balance and take full advantage to hear from real experiences.
Hence, we encourage women researchers to interact and enlarge their networks, and of course, nothing is better than guidance from seniors.”
* Panelists :
- Lucile Sassatellli: Associate professor at Université Côté d’Azur.
- Özgü Alay: Associate Professor at Simula Metropolitan and University of Oslo”.
- Laura Toni: Assistant: professor at University College London (UCL).
- Tania Pouli: Deputy lab manager – Advanced Media Content” at B-COM.
- Aakanksha Rana: Post-Doctoral Researcher at BWH/Harvard University.
* Date : June, 10, 2020
* Time : 16h00 – 17h00 UTC
* Moderator: Hiba Yousef
Student fellow: Hiba Yousef, STREAMROOT & TelecomParis
Faculty mentor: Öznur Özkasap, Koç University
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
IEEE ICC 2020
- Andrea Goldsmith, Professor, Stanford University
- Muriel Médard, Professor, MIT
- Jennifer Rexford, Professor, Princeton University
- Ruoyi Zhou, Director, IBM Research, Ireland
- Alessandra Sala, Head, Analytics Research, Nokia Bell Labs
Time: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm (Dublin Time)
The event link will also be made available on the IEEE ICC 2020 virtual platform.
Organized by: Aishwariya Chakraborty, PhD Scholar, IIT Kharagpur, India
Faculty Mentor: Prof. Michele Nogueira, Federal University of Paraná, Brazil
We are happy to invite all the interested PerCom 2020 participants to join us in the Nˆ2Women Meeting and Dinner on Monday 23 March at 5pm in the AT&T Center (the Monday workshops’ location). The event will feature panel discussion on the topic “Overcommitting as a female professional”, featuring the Percom2020 keynote speaker, professor Diane Cook from School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Washington State University; Dr Wendy Nilsen, the Acting Deputy Division Director of NSF; and Dr Amy Murphy from the Bruno Kessler Foundation, Trento, Italy.
The event will be followed by an informal dinner in a nearby restaurant, subsidized by N2women.
For the organisation of the event and dinner, please indicate your intent to participate by registering here latest on Friday 6th March: https://forms.gle/FX2CxhJK2uf2oUy76
IEEE PerCom (http://www.percom.org/) is the premier conference for presenting scholarly research in pervasive computing and communications. Advances in this field are leading to innovative platforms, protocols, systems, and applications for always-on, always-connected services. In 2020, PerCom will visit Austin, the capital of Texas and the eleventh largest city in the US. It is known as the “live music capital of the world”, is famous for its barbecue, and is a progressive tech-centric town.
N^2 Women (https://n2women.comsoc.org/) is supported by ACM SIGMOBILE, ACM SIGCOMM, IEEE Communications Society, IEEE Computer Society (CS) Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC), NSF Division of Computer and Network Systems, CRA-W, Facebook, Microsoft Research, HP Labs, and Google Research.
In any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Dr Ella Peltonen, email@example.com
You are cordially invited to attend the N2 Women meeting at NSDI 2020!
We are honored to have an enlightening panel discussion with distinguished panelists from academia and industry who will share their knowledge and valuable experiences with us.
Our distinguished panelists include:
- Dr. Dina Papagiannaki, Partner Engineering Manager, Microsoft
- Dr. Ying Zhang, Engineering Manager, Facebook
- Prof. Sonia Fahmy, Professor, Purdue University
- Dr. Deb Agrawal, Senior Scientist, Lawrence Berkley Labs
The panel features interactive discussions and Q&A sessions.
Date: Thursday, February 27th, 2020
Time: 12:20 pm–1:50 pm
Venue: Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, Camino Real room
Please find the flyer for this event here.
Everyone is welcome to join us! Please RSVP here.
Organized by: Diman Zad Tootaghaj, Hewlett Packard Labs
Faculty Mentor: Dr. Sujata Banerjee, VMware Research
For more information, please contact Diman Zad Tootaghaj at firstname.lastname@example.org